This should be of interest to anyone who uses Knockout or cares about scalable front-end architecture.
- 00:00 Benefits and challenges of single-page apps; relevance of Knockout.js
- 11:20 Demo: Knockout 3.2′s components and custom elements
- 15:40 Demo: Using Yeoman to generate (“scaffold”) a scalable application architecture
- 22:20 Demo: Scaffolding and building a new Knockout component
- 30:50 Understanding Grunt and Gulp
- 34:00 Demo: Using Gulp and require.js to produce control both preloading and incremental loading
- 41:50 Testing – your options
- 43:50 Demo: Adding Jasmine and Karma to the technology stack
- 59:10 Summary: Overcoming the challenges of single-page app development
Watch the video
Want more? I also gave a talk about WebGL and GPU coding for the browser.